[Project_owners] Extension updates: mozdev vs mozilla addons

Tim Williams tw302 at zepler.org
Sun May 14 22:14:18 EDT 2006

Hi,
I've just published my first firefox extension hosted by mozdev and am
unsure about the best practice for providing automatic updates.

I originally posted my extension on mozdev, complete with an updateURL
line in my install.rdf pointing to a custom update file on my mozdev site.

Since then, I've also published the extension using mozilla addons where
i had to remove the updateURL line in order to get addons to publish it
for me.

Should I continue publishing  a mozdev and mozilla addons copy of each
version of my extension or stop using the file hosting service provided
by mozdev, relying on the automatic update feature of mozilla addons
instead?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Regards,
Tim