[Project_owners] "Unresponsive script" error when installing extension

Stan James sjames at uni-osnabrueck.de
Sat May 13 12:33:37 EDT 2006

Problem solved!

Turns out the problem was subversion source control: I had forgotten to
strip out all of its little hidden directories and files (about 800 of
them in total). And of course it took Firefox a long time to copy all
them over during an install and this is what triggered the "unresponsive
script" error.

Doh! But hopefully this will save someone else from making the same mistake.

-stan