[Project_owners] Re: install.js and OSX

Philip Chee philip.chee at gmail.com
Thu May 11 01:44:42 EDT 2006

On http://xsidebar.mozdev.org/modifiedmisc.html#leakmonitor, Neil wrote:
> Gerald Vogt wrote:

>> Still, when running a PPC executable in Rosetta on an Intel Mac it
>> reports "Power Macintosh".

> Yes but then you'd want to install a PPC component.

Thanks to Gerald for testing this out for me via private email.

I've ported L. David Baron's Leak Monitor Extension to SeaMonkey.
<http://xsidebar.mozdev.org/modifiedmisc.html#leakmonitor>

Original location for Firefox and Thuderboid version.
<http://dbaron.org/mozilla/leak-monitor/>

But the modified version should still install and run in the aviary apps.

There are platform specific components for Win32/Linux and for the two
varieties of OSX. As you know Bob, Seamonkey unlike Firefox requires
components to be copied to the %appdir%/components/ directory to work.
For Mac OSX I was unsure how to proceed, but I finally decided to copy
both components over as the Seamonkey universal binary could be running
under Rosetta (sometimes to pick up plugins that aren't yet in universal
format) as well as native OSX/x86.

So far this has been tested with Seamonkey/Win32 and Seamonkey/OSX.
Anybody want to test this out with Seamonkey/Linux?

Phil

[ ]When I was a kid, I was an imaginary playmate.
* TagZilla 0.059