[Project_owners] Re: install.js and OSX

Gerald Vogt vogt at spamcop.net
Tue May 9 21:25:23 EDT 2006

Philip Chee wrote:
> On Tue, 09 May 2006 13:40:30 +0900, Gerald Vogt wrote:
>
>> O.K. I had a closer look now. I have check the navigator.platform
>> property in the JavaScript console as that is easily accessible and I
>> think it is the same value as Install.platform inside an install script.
>
> Unfortunately navigator.platform is not available to install.js.

Yes, I know. But I thought it was the same value as Install.platform
from what I have read on xulplanet. Well, anyway. You are right. I have
tested the xpi you have sent me. It is actually yet another platform
string (how many are there?? ;-):

SeaMonkey 1.0.1 (PPC) reports "Macintosh; Darwin 8.6.1 Power Macintosh"
SeaMonkey 1.0.1 (Uni) reports "Macintosh; Darwin 8.6.1 i386"

Still, when running a PPC executable in Rosetta on an Intel Mac it
reports "Power Macintosh". Thus a Intel Mac can be both depending on
what executable you have.

Gerald