[Project_owners] PHP problem

Ramiro Aparicio frisco82 at gmail.com
Mon May 8 11:53:35 EDT 2006

It seems that the Domit! library is not PHP4 full compliant, at least the
XPath implementation, I have installed PHP4.4 in my computer and got the
same problem as in the server (PHP 4.3.11).

So I will try to change the code to work under PHP4 but still I am not sure
why .php files produce no output.

On 5/8/06, Mats Lindblad <mats.lindblad at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am getting PHP source when I try to view it with the xml-extension.
> On 5/8/06, Ramiro Aparicio <frisco82 at gmail.com > wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> In my extension I have an XML file with data needed for the settings pane.
> This XML file has info I extracted from several webs using a greasemonkey
> script and some copy&paste. Up to now I had to change the file and release a
> new version of the extension everytime this is info changed (wich is not
> very frequent but it can be once every two weeks).
> To avoid this problem I wrote a php script using an XML php parser to be
> able to load the webs extract the info and write the document. It takes a
> lot to finish but the idea is to make the extension download it once a week
> so it should not be a huge problem. But for some reason I can get it work on
> mozdevserver, it works as it should in my computer (Apache + PHP 5.1.0RC1)
> and the Domit! library, the one I am using with some changes, states that
> works with PHP4 and PHP5 so that should not be the problem.
>
> I have tried changing the extension with different results:
> .xml is not parsed with php engine
> .php just return a blank page (this was before I tried .html so there was
> an error, or at least this PHP think so, but no error message is shown).
> .html returned an error about objects, but changing the code it does not
> complain but does not work as it should
>
> I created a special dir for the script and changed local.conf to turn on
> serve_as_is. The file is http://foxgame.mozdev.org/xml/index.html (or
> index.xml to see the source or index.php to see a white screen).
>
> Really I am unsure if anyone can help with this but if any of you has
> experience with php on mozdev server it will be great.
>
> --
> Hasta Otra
>
> Ramiro Aparicio

> --
> If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught
> and shot now.
> -- Zaphod

Hasta Otra

Ramiro Aparicio