[Project_owners] PHP problem

Ramiro Aparicio frisco82 at gmail.com
Mon May 8 01:43:44 EDT 2006

Hi,
In my extension I have an XML file with data needed for the settings pane.
This XML file has info I extracted from several webs using a greasemonkey
script and some copy&paste. Up to now I had to change the file and release a
new version of the extension everytime this is info changed (wich is not
very frequent but it can be once every two weeks).
To avoid this problem I wrote a php script using an XML php parser to be
able to load the webs extract the info and write the document. It takes a
lot to finish but the idea is to make the extension download it once a week
so it should not be a huge problem. But for some reason I can get it work on
mozdevserver, it works as it should in my computer (Apache + PHP 5.1.0RC1)
and the Domit! library, the one I am using with some changes, states that
works with PHP4 and PHP5 so that should not be the problem.

I have tried changing the extension with different results:
.xml is not parsed with php engine
.php just return a blank page (this was before I tried .html so there was an
error, or at least this PHP think so, but no error message is shown).
.html returned an error about objects, but changing the code it does not
complain but does not work as it should

I created a special dir for the script and changed local.conf to turn on
serve_as_is. The file is http://foxgame.mozdev.org/xml/index.html (or
index.xml to see the source or index.php to see a white screen).

Really I am unsure if anyone can help with this but if any of you has
experience with php on mozdev server it will be great.

--
Hasta Otra

Ramiro Aparicio