[Project_owners] "Unresponsive script" error when installing extension

Stan James sjames at uni-osnabrueck.de
Fri May 5 22:43:06 EDT 2006

Konstantin Svist wrote:
> first, you need to find which extension (or page) causes the problem,
> don't think there's an easy way around that.
> just do a binary search - disable half of your extensions, see if the
> problem is still there. if it is, disable half of remaining extensions
> - otherwise, flip the disabled/enabled ones and go on in that fasion.
> sometimes two extensions conflict with each other (i would guess
> either a variable naming conflict or even more likely 2nd extension
> has set a listener on an event that 1st extension fires off a lot).
> HTH,
> Konstantin
I get the same problem even when installing into a totally clean profile
with no other extensions installed, so it's impossible that this is a
problem of extension conflicts.

Also, Venkman cannot help as this error occurs *only* once:when Firefox
is restarted after installing the extension. And there is no way to have
venkman running before the browser itself (as far as I know).

Thanks for trying to help...I'll keep trying things.