[Project_owners] "Unresponsive script" error when installing extension

Stan James sjames at uni-osnabrueck.de
Fri May 5 16:34:06 EDT 2006

Hi everyone,

Since making the move to FF1.5, my script throws up a warning message
after being installed, when FF is first restarted:

"A script on this page may be busy, or it may have stopped responding.
You can stop the script now, or you can continue to see if the script
will complete."

I don't know what "script" it is talking about, but some testing has
showed that none of my js files had run before the warning came up. I've
also tried leaving bits of the extension out, but I can't find a single
culprit.  My only guess is that Firefox is doing some internal
re-arranging, and the shear size of my extension makes this process take
too long. (My extension is now pushing 750K) However, the FF1.0 version
of my extension was 3.5MB and had no such problems.

Has anyone else encountered this? Any ideas on how to fix or work around
it?

Thanks!

-stan

ps - My extension is is described (and old version is at)
http://getoutfoxed.com/