[Project_owners] I18n

Chris Neale cdn at mozdev.org
Thu May 4 23:49:25 EDT 2006

On Thursday 04 May 2006 22:38, Eric H. Jung wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm extracting all of the hard-coded strings in my extension into
> various DTD files in order to ease translation.
>
> Many of these strings need to be used in multiple XUL dialogs/windows,
> and I'd rather not duplicate the XML entities in multiple DTD files.
> For instance, I have a <tree/> with perhaps 15 columns. This tree is
> displayed in 3 or 4 different dialogs and windows. I don't want to
> duplicate 15*3=45 entities.
>
> Is there a way to "re-use" entities across XUL files without simply
> merging all of my XML entities into one huge, grand DTD? I realize
> multiple DOCTYPEs cannot be specified for a single XUL.
>
> Thanks,
> Eric

Why ever not ?

Same syntax as in xul surely ?

<!DOCTYPE overlay [
<!ENTITY % brandDTD SYSTEM "chrome://global/locale/brand.dtd" >
%brandDTD;
<!ENTITY % identityDTD SYSTEM "chrome://compact/locale/compact.dtd" >
%identityDTD;
]>

and the like ?

Or am speaking out of my earhole ?

--

cdn

--

feedback -at- mozdev -dot- org is for comments *not* about a specific project

http://gifts-for-free.co.uk