[Project_owners] I18n

Eric H. Jung eric.jung at yahoo.com
Thu May 4 15:38:50 EDT 2006

Hi,

I'm extracting all of the hard-coded strings in my extension into
various DTD files in order to ease translation.

Many of these strings need to be used in multiple XUL dialogs/windows,
and I'd rather not duplicate the XML entities in multiple DTD files.
For instance, I have a <tree/> with perhaps 15 columns. This tree is
displayed in 3 or 4 different dialogs and windows. I don't want to
duplicate 15*3=45 entities.

Is there a way to "re-use" entities across XUL files without simply
merging all of my XML entities into one huge, grand DTD? I realize
multiple DOCTYPEs cannot be specified for a single XUL.

Thanks,
Eric