[Project_owners] Re: SmartSync Project and Mozdev Terms of Use

Philip Chee philip.chee at gmail.com
Tue May 2 23:43:05 EDT 2006

On Tue, 02 May 2006 15:35:00 +0200, Brian King wrote:
> Philip Chee wrote:

>> Can mozdev set things up so that any applications to start a project on
>> mozdev.org are automatically mailed a set of FAQs and the AUP,
>> especially the bit about the MPL and the OSI definition of "open
>> source"? This should prevent certain misunderstandings and angry
>> reactions later on down the line.

> We already do this ... after submitting an application, the confirmation
> email links directly to http://www.mozdev.org/copyright.html which
> states the policy clearly.

> The only way to make it clearer is to include that particular text
> directly in the email.

Yes. That's what I meant. E-mail the text directly. Most people I know
never bother reading the TOS / AUP whenever they are signing up for
something (as Google says "This is not your usual yadda yadda yadda").

*I* read this stuff, but then I'm a Sad Anorak.

Phil
[ ]Sado-necro-beastiality is beating a dead horse.
* TagZilla 0.059