[Project_owners] Re: SmartSync Project and Mozdev Terms of Use

David Boswell davidwboswell at yahoo.com
Tue May 2 07:31:28 EDT 2006

> Can mozdev set things up so that any applications to start a project
> mozdev.org are automatically mailed a set of FAQs and the AUP,
> especially the bit about the MPL and the OSI definition of "open
> source"? This should prevent certain misunderstandings and angry
> reactions later on down the line.

When someone requests a new project, they are sent an email with links
to the terms of use and copyright policies.  There is no way to tell if
people read any of the information we send to them, but we won't start
a new project unless that person responds to the confirmation email.
The text is copied below for reference.

David

-------------------

Your new project request has been received.  Please confirm your email
address by replying to this message.  There is no need to write
anything, just replying to this message is enough.

While we are getting your project set up, please make sure you have
read the following documents.  By replying to this message you are
acknowledging that you accept these policies.

Copyright Policy
http://www.mozdev.org/copyright.html

Terms of Use
http://www.mozdev.org/community/terms.html

If we have any questions about your request, we will contact you
shortly. If your request is unrelated to Mozilla, we may not contact
you about not creating the project.

Thank you for your interest in mozdev and your support of Mozilla,
The mozdev admins