[Project_owners] Re: SmartSync Project and Mozdev Terms of Use

Philip Chee philip at aleytys.pc.my
Tue May 2 21:13:54 EDT 2006

On Sun, 30 Apr 2006 15:38:06 -0700 (PDT), David Boswell wrote:

>> Which then leads to the next question:  does MozDev want to limit
>> itself
>> to "open source" projects, or include all "freely distributable"
>> software?  If there are concerns about code safety, perhaps MozDev
>> could
>> require that source code also be distributed, but not require
>> automatic permission for derived works?

> Feel free to discuss options for changes to the terms of use on this
> list or open a bug and we can track comments there.  If there is a
> general consensus for a change, we're certainly open to updating it.

"This software is open source, but it remains my intellectual property!
Therefore please ask before you modify or use the code for other projects."

Can mozdev set things up so that any applications to start a project on
mozdev.org are automatically mailed a set of FAQs and the AUP,
especially the bit about the MPL and the OSI definition of "open
source"? This should prevent certain misunderstandings and angry
reactions later on down the line.

[ ]If all else fails, read the directions!
* TagZilla 0.059