[Project_owners] Which event to listen to for a tabbox?

Eric H. Jung grimholtz at yahoo.com
Mon May 1 15:59:09 EDT 2006

I've done this for my own <tabbox/>s and it works just fine:

<tabbox>
  <tabs id="accountTabs" onselect="myExt.updateTabIndex(this);">
  <tab label="General" selected="true"/>
  <tab label="Extended"/>
  <tab id="auto-pop" label="Advanced Auto-Populate"/>
  </tabs>
  <tabpanels ...>
    <tabpanel .../>
    <tabpanel .../>
    <tabpanel .../>
  </tablpanels>
</tabbox>

So if you attach your own event handler to that tabbox after the XUL
has loaded, I imagine it would work:

document.getElementById('tabbox')
  .setAttribute("onselect", "myExt.updateTabIndex(this);");

myExt.updateTabIndex = function(tabbox) {
  dump(tabbox.selectedItem.id);
}

HTH,
Eric