[Project_owners] How to access images from Mozilla Cache?

Jitesh Nambiar jitesh.nambiar002 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 26 20:29:46 EST 2006

hi
I am working on an extension which will help to download objects from peers
who aleady have the object's downloaded(in there cache).So I will request a
peer client (i.e a peer using mozilla browser) for a object by sending the
object url & download that object( images, flash etc) from him.

So I need to find & retrive object's from cache based on the url.

On 3/23/06, Adam Judson <adamsplugins at gmail.com> wrote:

> Both tamperdata (read) and photomap (read/write) access the cache, though
> not
> images specifically.
>
> Looking at the *Utils.js files in those projects may be helpful.
>
> Adam
>

> On 23/03/06, GuruJ <GuruJ at mbox.com.au> wrote:
> > Neil wrote:

> > > You don't need to do anything special to access images from the cache,
> > > all requests default to using the cache unless you use shift+reload in
> > > which case the cache is bypassed.
> >
> > In case this is what you were asking, you know that you can browse cache
> > entries by typing "about:cache" in the Location bar, right?
> >
> > -- GuruJ.

Regards
Jitesh Nambiar
jitesh[DOT]nambiar002[AT]gmail.com
n[DOT]jitesh[AT]gmail.com
8th Semester, Computer Sc. & Engg.
Model Engineering College, Kochi
,---,---,
  / _ \  :09895495189

"Dance when you have nothing else to do"