[Project_owners] Calling JS functions in browser windows from dialogs

HJ bugs4hj at netscape.net
Sun Mar 26 09:17:00 EST 2006

Nickolay Ponomarev wrote:
> On 3/26/06, HJ <bugs4hj at netscape.net> wrote:
>> navigatorWindow.functionName()
>>
> This won't work if there are no navigator windows working.

Correct, and that is why I check for chrome windows first (this will
open a new window when needed) but what I want is in function for all JS
functions that I need from that chrome window.

> I would not
> do this, instead package the functions you need in a separate js and
> include that in your dialogs.

No, all newly opened files slow down startup of windows i.e. my dialogs,
and that is exactly why Mozilla Firefox packs tons of code in browser.js
It is better to include (small) JS code in the XUL files, because that
saves time.

/HJ