[Project_owners] finding the <form/> of an <input/>

Ramiro Aparicio frisco82 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 21 21:07:35 EST 2006

I have seen similar forms in the past the problem is that it seems that FF
does not like forms defined between <table> and <tr> it must be outside
input element have a form atribute that returns the owner form element that
is correct in this case so you can change that recursive function and use
instead a simple atribute call.

On 3/21/06, Eric H. Jung <grimholtz at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Given an <input/> field, I'm trying to determine the <form/> in which it's
> contained. I've written
> this recursive function:
>
> /** Returns null if there is no form **/
> findForm : function(node) {
>   // |node| is an <input type="text"/> field
>   if (node.nodeName == "FORM")
>     return node;
>   return node.parentNode ? this.findFormName(node.parentNode) : null;
> },
>
> This works for all pages I've tried except this one:
> http://passwordmaker.org/proto/eraseme.html.
> In that case, the function returns null. I don't understand why it's not
> working. Anyone care to
> take a look?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Eric