[Project_owners] Re: Button Layout (was Extension Options window has no Close button on Mac)

HJ bugs4hj at netscape.net
Mon Mar 20 00:02:05 EST 2006

Neil wrote:
> HJ wrote:
>
>> Sure, but I don't like the button layout on MS Windows/Unix so I use
>> the Mac layout, and nobody is going to change that.
>
> I hate FileMaker for the same reason.

You wrote:

"MS, Apple, Gnome, etc have already spent millions of dollars on
usability testing so you don't have to."

So why is the button layout different on these platforms?  I mean, their
research outcome should have been the same, but that is clearly not the
case.

Also, despite all their money put into this so called research, the
button layout in Windows XP is not always the same, just check the
properties window. BTW: have you seen Vista live?

/HJ