[Project_owners] Platform specific tweaks

Nickolay Ponomarev asqueella at gmail.com
Wed Mar 15 13:23:11 EST 2006

On 3/15/06, Karsten Düsterloh <mnenhy at tprac.de> wrote:
> > Is there a way, either during install, or in JS, to detect OS?
>
> The usual way to detect a Mac in SeaMonkey is something like
>
> if (/Mac/.test(navigator.platform))
> {
>         // do Mac-specific stuff
> }

nsIXULRuntime is better for Firefox/Thundebird 1.5. (Don't know about
Seamonkey.)

http://www.xulplanet.com/references/xpcomref/ifaces/nsIXULRuntime.html

> > install.js is long gone, nes pas?
>
> Even in the aviary world, install.js is still there for those who need
> it. It's just not hooked up to the Extension Manager...

...so you shouldn't use it for real extensions. Not that I understand
how it would help you with this issue.

There is support for platform-specific packages in chrome.manifest though.

Nickolay