[Project_owners] Javascript (de)serialization question

Eric H. Jung grimholtz at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 13 07:50:12 EST 2006

> On that note, is there a generic library I could use to [un]serialize
> to/from xml?

There are no cross-language (de)serialization schemes that I know of for XML.  I'm sure you're
aware of the many choices of single-language options. The failure of these libraries is they
aren't ported to other languages besides the one in which they're originally written.

e4x is not cross-language, unless you qualify JS in Java via Rhino as cross-language.

There is a non-XML option, though: JSON. I originally pursued this option for FoxyProxy but could
not get json.js to work from the context of browser.xul.