[Project_owners] Javascript (de)serialization question

Eric H. Jung grimholtz at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 12 19:23:58 EST 2006

> > So __proto__ points to the prototype object? How is Proxy.__proto__ different from
> > Proxy.prototype?
> >
> Heh, and there you were complaining about the "heavy stream of Javascript
> newbies" at mozillazine :)

Oh, so you consider a discussion of the __proto__ chain beginner's level JS? Then I am awed to be
in your presence, oh great Nickolay :) I never said I was a JS expert, but I will say I'm not a
newbie. Asking how to create a file in an extension
(http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?t=392724) is the kind of thing I was hinting at with
the "heavy stream of Javascript newbies" comment.

I've seen the __proto__ topic discussed quite a lot, but have successfully ignored it until now.

The ultimate reason I wanted to serialize classes and not plain structs is so I could maintain
some degree of object-orientedness. Oh well.

Thanks for the help,
Eric