[Project_owners] Javascript (de)serialization question

Adam Judson adamsplugins at gmail.com
Sun Mar 12 22:10:15 EST 2006

On 12/03/06, Eric H. Jung <grimholtz at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I want to serialize _data_ to a file so the user doesn't have to re-enter settings across brower
> invocations.

Do you care/need to know if the data is corrupted?

Do you care/need to know if the data is maliciously changed to include
new functions that will now run inside chrome in your extension?

Other things, e.g. custom XML, are (marginally) more difficult that
toSource()/eval() but in some cases it may be the right thing to do.
Make sure you've thought about it if it will be hard to change your
implementation later.

I also found that writing import/export to XML code forced me to think
about the data structures I was using, which turned out to be a good
thing.