[Project_owners] how to import eml-files to INBOX/copy enigmail-messages?

Benjamin Stritter listen at 1bs.org
Sun Mar 12 19:43:35 EST 2006

Thanks for your answer Paul.

On Sun, 2006-03-12 at 16:36 +0000, Paul Tomlin wrote:
> Benjamin Stritter wrote:
> Look at
> http://www.mozdev.org/source/browse/quickfile/src/content/quickfile.js?rev=1.10&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup
>
> and search for
> var msgCopyService

[..]

I tried to get this function  working for me, but I run into troubles.

> Though I don't know if it'd work for you, where are your messages initially?

I get some output from mixminion, wich is "message/rfc822".

I can either save this output as an EML-file or generate an
enigmail-message with:

var uri = enigmailSvc.createMessageURI(srcMsgURI,
                                       	   "message/rfc822",
                               	           "",
                       	                   $mixminiondata,
                       	                   false);

the result for uri is "enigmail:message?id=msgXXXXXX"

window.openDialog(uri) shows me the message rendered by the browser.

But I think I can't use this uri with msgCopyService :-(

var service = messenger.messageServiceFromURI(uri) failed with:

Error: uncaught exception: [Exception... "Component returned failure
code: 0x80040154 (NS_ERROR_FACTORY_NOT_REGISTERED)
[nsIMessenger.messageServiceFromURI]"  nsresult: "0x80040154
(NS_ERROR_FACTORY_NOT_REGISTERED)"  location: "JS frame ::
chrome://pemar/content/pemar.js :: pemarDecode :: line 281"  data: no]

Any other ideas how to create a real message with the mixminion output
or how to fix the problem with the enigmail-uri?

Thanks,

Benjamin