[Project_owners] prefwindow/prefpane randomness

Paul Tomlin paul at paultomlin.com
Thu Mar 9 18:16:41 EST 2006

Matthew Waymost wrote:
> I think <menupopup/> needs to be outside the template. Your code creates
> a <menupopup/> for every <menuitem/> generated by the template.

That little snippet hasn't changed in ages (that I recall) and works
fine outside of a "src"'d prefpane.

When I put it into an external prefpane the _most_ I can get it to do it
create a single entry in the list, and that only happens after the
second-ish time of opening the <prefwindow /> (navigating between panes
doesn't seem to make it generate).

When I include the code directly into the same file as the <prefwindow
/> then it works as expected.

All that aside, I remember that bit of code being a bit of a copy/paste
affair without me really understanding templates...