[Project_owners] prefwindow/prefpane randomness

Paul Tomlin paul at paultomlin.com
Thu Mar 9 16:49:34 EST 2006

Michael Johnston wrote:
> http://www.mozdev.org/source/browse/~checkout~/signature/src/signaturemanager/chrome/content/signaturemanager/options/options.xul?rev=1.3&content-type=text/plain
> and
> http://www.mozdev.org/source/browse/~checkout~/signature/src/signaturemanager/chrome/content/signaturemanager/options/general.xul?rev=1.2&content-type=text/plain

hmm, thanks..

OK, changed the layout to something like that but now I have another
issue that's very odd...

the <menulist /> in general.xul doesn't now populate with the mail
accounts. I've reduced the files to minimum so I can only guess I've
been very silly, or stumbled into a "you can't do that" thingy.

?

== content/options/options.xul ==

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<?xml-stylesheet href="chrome://global/skin/" type="text/css"?>
<!DOCTYPE overlay SYSTEM "chrome://quickfile/locale/options.dtd">
<prefwindow
	id="quickfilePrefWindow"
	title="&quickfileOptions.title;"
	buttons="accept,cancel"
xmlns="http://www.mozilla.org/keymaster/gatekeeper/there.is.only.xul">

     <prefpane id="quickfilePrefPaneGeneral"
	label="General"
	selected="true"
     	src="chrome://quickfile/content/options/general.xul" />

</prefwindow>

== content/options/general.xul

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE overlay SYSTEM "chrome://quickfile/locale/options.dtd">
<overlay id="quickfilePrefGeneral"
xmlns="http://www.mozilla.org/keymaster/gatekeeper/there.is.only.xul">

     <prefpane id="quickfilePrefPaneGeneral">

	<menulist id="quickfileOptions.searchRoot.thisAccount.menuList"
                 sortResource="http://home.netscape.com/NC-rdf#Name"
                 sortDirection="ascending"
                 datasources="rdf:msgaccountmanager rdf:mailnewsfolders"
                 containment="http://home.netscape.com/NC-rdf#child"
                 ref="msgaccounts:/"
                 flex="1">

                 <template xmlns:nc="http://home.netscape.com/NC-rdf#">