[Project_owners] help button checkbox

Eric H. Jung grimholtz at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 7 08:47:06 EST 2006

Hi HJ. Here are the results. You can see they differ depending on platform, but both have strange
behaviors to me. Neither platform really provides the behavior I want:

FF 1.5.0.1
==========
1. After opening XUL file, button says "disabled" in black, unbolded text.
2. 1st button click: button label changes to "enabled" in black, unbolded text, then
"foxyproxy.setEnabled(true);" is alerted.
3. 2nd button click: button label changes to "disabled" in black, unbolded text, then
"foxyproxy.setEnabled(false);" is alerted. Click OK on the alert box and "disabled" changes to
bolded red.
4. 3rd button click: button label changes to "enabled" in red, bold text, then
"foxyproxy.setEnabled(true);" is alerted. Click OK on the alert box and "enabled" changes to
unbolded black.

Mozilla 1.7.12
1. After opening XUL file, button says "disabled" in black, unbolded text.
2. 1st button click: "foxyproxy.setEnabled(false);" is alerted. Button label does not change.
3. 2nd button click: button label changes to "enabled" in red, bold text, then
"foxyproxy.setEnabled(true);" is alerted.
4. 3rd button click: button label changes to "disabled" in black, unbolded text, then
"foxyproxy.setEnabled(false); is alerted.

Regards,
Eric