[Project_owners] global namespace conflicts?

Philip Chee philip.chee at gmail.com
Thu Jun 15 21:53:17 EDT 2006

On Thu, 15 Jun 2006 13:14:36 +0100, Neil wrote:
> Philip Chee wrote:
>>On Wed, 07 Jun 2006 14:12:23 +0100, Neil wrote:

>>>that would require a form history toolkit autocomplete datasource
>>Can I fake it with a component written in javascript?

> Sure. If you looks at the nsIAutoCompleteSearch interface you'll see
> should provide two methods, startSearch and stopSearch.
> startSearch should either throw an exception or call
> listener->onSearchResult(this, result) where result are the autocomplete
> results.

Thanks. I'll look into this.

> For a fake component which always fails to produce results you could
> perhaps not provide startSearch and let XPconnect throw for you ;-)

Well that's similar to what's happening now isn't it? autocomplete.xml
will just dump() a harmless message to the console:

### ERROR - unable to create search "form-history".

I wonder how difficult it is to come up with a bare bones nsIFormHistory
backed by a RDF datasource. Performance would most likely be glacial but
it would be better than nothing. The only question is what happens
if/when SeaMonkey starts building with nsIFormHistory?

Phil

[ ]NO TAGLINE TODAY...
* TagZilla 0.059