[Project_owners] global namespace conflicts?

Neil neil at parkwaycc.co.uk
Thu Jun 15 14:14:36 EDT 2006

Philip Chee wrote:

>On Wed, 07 Jun 2006 14:12:23 +0100, Neil wrote:
>

>>that would require a form history toolkit autocomplete datasource
>>

>Can I fake it with a component written in javascript?

Sure. If you looks at the nsIAutoCompleteSearch interface you'll see
should provide two methods, startSearch and stopSearch.
startSearch should either throw an exception or call
listener->onSearchResult(this, result) where result are the autocomplete
results.
For a fake component which always fails to produce results you could
perhaps not provide startSearch and let XPconnect throw for you ;-)