[Project_owners] Extension documentation

Nickolay Ponomarev asqueella at gmail.com
Wed Jun 7 21:15:36 EDT 2006

On 6/7/06, Peter Harkins <ph at malaprop.org> wrote:
> Is there a good source of documentation for extension development
> anywhere? I've found someone's notes[1] and a few basics from
> Mozilla.org[2], but nothing very good at all. It all seems to assume the
> reader just needs a few pointers because they're deeply familiar with
> Firefox internals and development history.

You do need to be able to read Firefox source, because most of
extensions mess with its internals (because there are no public APIs
for some things). Some things are documented, but not everything.

You're welcome to ask specific questions (and/or do some research
yourself) and then contribute documentation to developer.mozilla.org
to improve this situation.

NIckolay