[Project_owners] Re: Colorzilla 0.8.3.1 and SeaMonkey

Neil neil at parkwaycc.co.uk
Wed Jun 7 10:13:31 EDT 2006

Philip Chee wrote:

>Colorzilla 0.8.3.1 installs fine out of the box in SeaMonkey but the primary functionality (the eyedrop picker) isn't working. It's failing at the line that contains "createInstance()":
>
>	try {
>		const cid = "@iosart.com/Utils/ColorZilla;1";
>		gCZComponent = Components.classes[cid].createInstance();
>		gCZComponent =
>gCZComponent.QueryInterface(Components.interfaces.mozIColorZilla);
>
>Colorzilla works fine in Firefox.
>
>The XPCOMviewer shows the colorzilla CI and CC in the list of recognized components.

By that I assume that you should find that the following expressions
evaluate to true:
"@iosart.com/Utils/ColorZilla;1" in Components.classes
"Components.interfaces.mozIColorZilla" in Components.interfaces

> How do I debug this? (I'm not the author, just trying to get this to work in SeaMonkey).

Is this a JS component? The constructor may be throwing an exception.
What does this return, or throw, or whatever:
Components.classes["@iosart.com/Utils/ColorZilla;1"].createInstance(Components.interfaces.mozIColorZilla);