[Project_owners] Bon Echo testing

Axel Hecht axel at pike.org
Sun Jun 4 11:34:12 EDT 2006

Tim Williams wrote:
> I'm not using any of the new features of Firefox 2 so was wondering when
> I should start testing and adding compatibility to Firefox 2 into my
> extension. Is Bon Echo 3 close enough to the real thing that if my
> extension works with that then I can add 2.0 compatibility to future
> extension releases?
>
> It would be nice to make a release with 2.0 compatibility as early as
> possible so that the change can make it into mozilla addons before
> Firefox 2 is officially released.
>
> Thanks for your thoughts,
> Tim

I doubt that anybody can answer that right now, and not without knowing
what your extension does. There is still the visual refresh coming up,
as well as other UI changes.
I wouldn't exclude that we still take some xpcom interface changes,
dbaron has a good point to change some of the really internal ones.

 From a general perspective, we won't have a string freeze until b2,
which says that pretty many UI things may still come.

On the real compat testing, I think that Michael gave a good answer,
this is just to give you some idea of how valuable QA could be already.

Axel