[Project_owners] global namespace conflicts?

Eric H. Jung eric.jung at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 2 13:11:15 EDT 2006

Hi,

Can variables defined in files in the components/ directory of a XPI conflict with variables defined by FF/Moz/NS/Flock and/or other extension? For example, the gQueryInterface function below as well as the CI, CC, and CR variables. My feeling it "no", it can't, but I want to make sure.

components/MyXPCOMObject.js:

const CI = Components.interfaces, CC = Components.classes, CR = Components.results;
function gQueryInterface(aIID) {
  if(!aIID.equals(CI.nsISupports) && !aIID.equals(CI.nsISupportsWeakReference))
    throw CR.NS_ERROR_NO_INTERFACE;
  return this;
}

function Proxy() {
  this.wrappedJSObject = this;
}

Proxy.prototype = {
  classID: Components.ID("{51b469a0-edc1-11da-8ad9-0800200c9a66}"),
  contractID: "@leahscape.org/foxyproxy/proxy;1",
  classDescription: "Proxy Component",
  QueryInterface: gQueryInterface,
};