[Project_owners] Attribute "tooltip" set to "_child"

Didier Ernotte didier at ernotte.com
Wed Jul 26 14:16:53 EDT 2006

Hi,

I have to create dynamicaly an image, display it, and provide a multi-line tooltip. I can't use the tooltiptext attribute because of the multi line, so I have to use the tooltip attribute. I don't want to create a tooltip , set a dynamic id, and then set that id to the tooltip attribute of the image. I have read that the tooltip attribute could be set to the "_child" value. In that case, the first tooltip object in the child tree will be used as the tooltip.
My code is

        image.setAttribute("tooltip", "_child");
        var tooltip1 = document.createElement("tooltip");
        image.appendChild(tooltip1);
        var vbox1 = document.createElement("vbox");
        tooltip1.appendChild(vbox1);
        var description1 = document.createElement("label");
        description1.setAttribute("value", "Hello world");
        vbox1.appendChild(description1);

but when the mouse is over the image, there is no tooltip...
Am I missing something ?
Thanks,

Didier