[Project_owners] Unwanted update manifest (update.rdf) caching

Brian King brian at mozdev.org
Sun Jul 23 00:14:28 EDT 2006

Alex Eng wrote:

> I've tried your suggestion above, but I get an XML parsing error ("xml
> declaration not at start of external entity") when I either try to
> update my extension or load update.rdf directly in the browser.
>
> I tried setting the variable $local_conf_mime_types = ON in the
> local.conf file for my project - but that had no effect.

I believe the best solution is for the web server to serve up the (RDF)
files with the no-cachhe directive:

header("Cache-Control: no-store, no-cache, must-revalidate");

Do you know what server is being hit for your updates?

Related reading:
http://www.websiteoptimization.com/speed/tweak/cache/

--
Brian King