[Project_owners] JS help

eric.jung at yahoo.com eric.jung at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 20 18:07:58 EDT 2006

>From: Nickolay Ponomarev <asqueella at gmail.com>
>BTW, are you trying to manually obfuscate your code?

Lol. Definitely not. One thing I've learned from many years as a software developer is that obfuscation is a waste of time except to deter casual investigation. Anyone with enough time and resources can unobfuscate anything. Anyway, I've since discovered I don't need the recursive anonymous call, but my intent was to recursively call an anonymous, "local" function (don't know what these are actually called") e.g.,

foo : function(i) {
  (function(j) {
      // do stuff with j and recursively call this fcn
   })(i);
   // other stuff
}

Yes, there are many other ways in JS to do this. I'm partly getting bored, though, and so am exploring more esoteric JS syntax. My boredom was also one reason I recently asked you & Phil in what other forums/mailing lists you hang out.

Thanks for the help (to you, too, Konstantin),
Eric