[Project_owners] custom DTD entities in non-chrome XUL files (for localization)

Stan James sjames at uni-osnabrueck.de
Mon Jan 23 17:30:06 EST 2006

Hi,

I really like how easy it is to do localize FF extensions using custom
DTD entities. I want to follow the same model for some XUL pages being
served by my regular web server. (I pass the language code as a URL
parameter, and have the server change the DTD line to reference the
correct language DTD.)

However, it seems that custom DTD entities are only recognized for XUL
files served from chrome. Argh!

Is there any workaround for this? Or am I misunderstanding how DTD's
work? In what circumstances are custom entities recognized? The
second-best localization scheme for server-generated XUL seems to be a
convoluted XSLT transformation, but I'd like to avoid that if possible.

Thanks!

-stan