[Project_owners] How would you fund a new project?

Robert Kaiser KaiRo at KaiRo.at
Fri Jan 20 09:18:22 EST 2006

Hi,

> I know that the Mozilla Foundation or now the Mozilla Corporation,
> receives money for thinks like Google searches, so has anyone ever
> though of doing the same for his/her project?

I'm setting a page of mine with a google search field as the default
home page on German SeaMonkey builds, and I can tell that the numer of
called search result pages is around 20% of the number of different
hosts that visit my site, and on about 14% of the search result pages,
people click on ads. With about 10 US-cent per click, this can result in
an interesting amount of funding.

Robert Kaiser