[Project_owners] The WebPanels sidebar and back/forward/history

Neil neil at parkwaycc.co.uk
Thu Jan 19 12:17:52 EST 2006

Philip Chee wrote:

>On Wed, 18 Jan 2006 23:57:56 +0000, Neil wrote:
>

>>I don't understand your question. Surely you already know which browser you are dealing with, because it's using your context menu?
>>

>I'd like a generic function I could reuse in a library. Not all browser elements in all my extensions will have the same ID. Also I'm currently reusing the context menu (overlay) from Seamonkey - why reinvent the wheel - which is, of course, hardcoded to the main window ID.

If multiple elements have the same context menu then there's no easy way
to tell which element's context menu was activated - I can think of some
hard ways if you really want.

>>Yes, but there are in fact three types of status bar updates: links, window.status and window.defaultStatus; the one-line fix would be to amend an if statement so as not to block links.
>>

>If you would be so kind, I shall be properly grateful.

Well if you look at nsContentTreeOwner::SetStatus you'll see it
currently only allows it for the active tab, irrespective of the status
type.

>Will this affect aviary apps as well?

Definitely.