[Project_owners] The WebPanels sidebar and back/forward/history

Philip Chee philip.chee at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 09:11:03 EST 2006

On Wed, 18 Jan 2006 23:57:56 +0000, Neil wrote:
> Philip Chee wrote:

>>Ta. As per previous question is there a generic getThisBrowser()
>> that isn't hardcoded to the main window tabbrowser as
gBrowser/getBrowser() is?

> I don't understand your question. Surely you already know which browser
> you are dealing with, because it's using your context menu?

I'd like a generic function I could reuse in a library. Not all browser
elements in all my extensions will have the same ID. Also I'm currently
reusing the context menu (overlay) from Seamonkey - why reinvent the wheel -
which is, of course, hadcoded to the main window ID.

>>Hmm. I guess this is to prevent background tabs updating the status bar? If
>>backing out this change rebreaks things it was meant to fix, I can live with it.

> Yes, but there are in fact three types of status bar updates: links,
> window.status and window.defaultStatus; the one-line fix would be to
> amend an if statement so as not to block links.

If you would be so kind, I shall be properly grateful.

Will this affect aviary apps as well? There was a recent contretemps when
what was assumed to be a Seamonkey only change screwed up the aviary apps
resulting in crossed swords at dawn.

Phil
[ ]Where are we going?  And why are we in this handbasket?
* TagZilla 0.059