[Project_owners] The WebPanels sidebar and back/forward/history

Neil neil at parkwaycc.co.uk
Wed Jan 18 23:57:56 EST 2006

Philip Chee wrote:

>On Wed, 18 Jan 2006 00:34:44 +0000, Neil wrote:
>

>>If you know the <browser> element that's holding the sidebar you can just use the canGoBack, goBack(), canGoForward and goForward() properties and methods.
>>

>Ta. As per previous question is there a generic getThisBrowser() that isn't hardcoded to the main window tabbrowser as gBrowser/getBrowser() is?

I don't understand your question. Surely you already know which browser
you are dealing with, because it's using your context menu?

>>Sorry, but that's partly my fault - I made it so that only the current tab can update the status bar. It's a one-line fix in nsContentTreeOwner.cpp though, so it could make SeaMonkey 1.1, if you want.
>>

>Hmm. I guess this is to prevent background tabs updating the status bar? If
>backing out this change rebreaks things it was meant to fix, I can live with it.

Yes, but there are in fact three types of status bar updates: links,
window.status and window.defaultStatus; the one-line fix would be to
amend an if statement so as not to block links.