[Project_owners] The WebPanels sidebar and back/forward/history

Philip Chee philip.chee at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 10:16:58 EST 2006

On Wed, 18 Jan 2006 00:34:44 +0000, Neil wrote:
> Philip Chee wrote:

> If you know the <browser> element that's holding the sidebar you can
> just use the canGoBack, goBack(), canGoForward and goForward()
> properties and methods.

Ta. As per previous question is there a generic getThisBrowser() that isn't
hardcoded to the main window tabbrowser as gBrowser/getBrowser() is?

>>Question: Hovering over a link in the sidebar does NOT update the status
>>bar with the URL. Anybody know how I can get this to work?

> Sorry, but that's partly my fault - I made it so that only the current
> tab can update the status bar. It's a one-line fix in
> nsContentTreeOwner.cpp though, so it could make SeaMonkey 1.1, if you want.

Hmm. I guess this is to prevent background tabs updating the status bar? If
backing out this change rebreaks things it was meant to fix, I can live with it.

Phil
[ ]Barney and Baby Bop MUST DIE!
* TagZilla 0.059