[Project_owners] custom <tree/> issues

Neil neil at parkwaycc.co.uk
Tue Jan 17 13:27:22 EST 2006

Todd Long wrote:

> I am using a <tree/> element and was wondering if it is possible to
> have the <treecell> elements contain mixed elements?

The tree element was designed to display the Mail/News thread pane as
efficiently as possible. Then it was enhanced slightly so it could be
used for bookmarks and the suite's download manager (firefox actually
switched back to a list box!), but basically you can only have the
following effects:
a progressmeter display OR a separator OR
optional indentation and twisty AND
image AND/OR text, with some ability to style the text through CSS.
You could specify blue underlined text for a particular column, but you
would have to process mouse clicks accordingly.