[Project_owners] Communicating between browser instances

Matthew Waymost waymost at gmail.com
Sun Jan 15 12:36:20 EST 2006

You can create XPCOM components in either JS or C++, depending on whether
the advantages of using C++ (speed, libraries, etc.) outweigh the
disadvantages (compilation, possible OS dependence, etc.). I would assume a
JS XPCOM component would be sufficient, but since I don't know what you're
doing, I can't say that for sure. In any event...

Creating XPCOM Components with JS:
http://www.builderau.com.au/program/soa/Creating_XPCOM_components_with_JavaScript/0,39024614,39206503,00.htm
Creating a C++ XPCOM Component: http://www.iosart.com/firefox/xpcom/

HTH, Matt