[Project_owners] Apologies for all the spam

HJ bugs4hj at netscape.net
Fri Jan 13 08:01:09 EST 2006

Jorge Villalobos wrote:
> Hello,
> My name is Jorge and I'm one of the interns in charge of moderating the
> Mozdev mailing lists. I'm being informed that yesterday all Project
> Owners members received a flood of spam mail. That would be my fault. I
> probably chose Approve instead of Discard unknowingly. I have moderated
> the lists plenty of times before without anything like this happening,
> so I can assure you it was just an accident.
> I apologize for filling your inboxes and wasting your time. I know what
> it's like to go through tons of spam mail, believe me. I will be more
> careful moderating the lists from now on.
> Thank you for your time and patience.

Jorge,

I don't know how old you are, but I am a 44 year old veteran working on
the MultiZilla project (for over five years already) and I hate to
admit, but I make mistakes probably every single day and sometimes
without knowing it, but the good thing is that we learn from our mistakes.

Ok, I keep making mistakes; like sending my reaction to the newsgroup
instead of for example to Eric the other day, and Eric e-mailed me to
have made the same mistake.

Yeah, we keep on learning, and making mistakes, but I would like to
thank you for your efforts, making mozdev.org even better, even if it is
only by taking workload of the backs of the other older geeks like Pete!

Now a question: "What exactly were you working on, if I may ask?

/HJ