[Project_owners] Mozilla.org extension approval time

HJ bugs4hj at netscape.net
Thu Jan 12 23:57:28 EST 2006

Eric H. Jung wrote:
> HJ, no disrepect intended, but are you really claiming to be the first
> person to think of automatic software updates? Perhaps I misunderstand.
> If so, I look forward to being corrected.

First of all, sometimes you write someting that doesn't come out right.
I'm always in a hurry and should be a little careful with what I write,
because people seem to have troubles understanding me from time to time.

Now, about that 'automatic update' thing, because that really depends on
how you define the term 'automatic updates'.  I mean, I might not been
the first person to *think* about it, but I most certainly was the first
person to write a *data driven* update tool (to update software and
operating systems) and it was me getting a smack of money when I sold
the rights of it, so they either have missed the other person, or they
liked me more?

p.s. please note the *data driven* part of that line, which is very
important, because that wasn't used before 1985 (it is all about
specifications).

Now back to my initial comment, because after all, MultiZilla was the
*first add-on* to introduce a data driven update script, and that was I
trying to explain, but it didn't came out right.

HTH,
/HJ