[Project_owners] The extension approval list is private. Why!?

Axel Hecht axel at pike.org
Thu Jan 12 13:40:28 EST 2006

Hi,

I have raised the other thread at last Monday's staff meeting.

Folks are thinking about setting up another review-fest, to give you a
peek at the meeting minutes.

Another thing that popped up was to do a stronger enforcement on our
policies.

Roman Mironenko wrote:
> A good point.  Now it has been about 3 weeks since I submitted an update
> to one of my extensions, still no word on the status.
>

>> A friend of mine has become an extension approver. He told me the
>> approval list is at https://addons.mozilla.org/developers/approval.php
>>
>> I don't have access, even after I login with my developer's account.
>> Anyone happen to know WHY this list is private? That's not really in
>> the spirit of open-source, is it? It makes me wonder how my friend was
>> able to gain access but not me? I don't want to change the queue (or
>> bag, as Aaron more accurately called it), just view it.

Not that decision processes are generally open in Open Source. I have no
idea why it is private and how private, but I bet it started off in some
state of private to manage the signal-to-noise ratio there. Which just
helps getting stuff done.

Axel