[Project_owners] Mozilla.org extension approval time

Roman Mironenko roman_mir at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 9 15:13:42 EST 2006

I have my extensions at mozdev.org (for almost a year now) for a reason,
anyone can go and check the code out, anyone can update from there.  But
obviously mozilla.org is more popular with users, so I listed extensions
with them for more access.  All I am saying is that if I wanted to do some
damage with my code, I wouldn't register with any oss site, I would develop
a few extensions at home, would submit them to mozilla.org from different
anonymous IP addresses under fake names, fake email accounts.  The
extensions would complement each other in their viral functionality but
would look harmless seperate from each other.  That is what I would do if I
wanted to attack someone's machine, not discuss better upgrade strategies on
this mailing list.

What I am going to do is give the end user a choice to upgrade from
mozdev.org, make it a clear choice and let the user to select whether he
wants this choice or not through the settings menu.

I am sure more people are going to do the same and soon if mozilla.org site
will not be able to run approval processes faster.