[Project_owners] Mozilla.org extension approval time

Roman Mironenko roman_mir at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 8 19:59:36 EST 2006

I put together a script that figures out my extension version, checks the
update.rdf file at mozdev.org, compares the versions, downloads the new XPI
if there is one and asks the user if he wants to install the new extension
from his own temporary directory on his machine (so it starts the download
manager with the extension's url originating from the local host.)

This means that I can force the user to upgrade from the site I want instead
of the mozilla.org site.

Now I am thinking about sending this new upgrade to be approved at
mozilla.org, this way I can get upgrades to the users faster.

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks,
Roman