[Project_owners] Mozilla.org extension approval time

Ramiro Aparicio frisco82 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 7 21:04:12 EST 2006

Yeah I know version 0.0.4 its already on mozdev, but a two weeks delay
seems to be to much.

By the way, the mirror system on mozdev doesn't help you must wait to
announce a new version a day after it was uploaded becouse otherways
some users will download older versions of the extension (one or two
times I got older version even past the recommended 8 hours).

On 1/7/06, Eric H. Jung <grimholtz at yahoo.com> wrote:
> You need to provide your own hosting of the XPI (even if it's on
> mozdev.org instead of a personal domain) in order to provide your users
> with the latest version. UMO is always one or more versions behind on
> my extension for the reasons you pointed out, but my users don't have
> to suffer for it.
>

> --- Ramiro Aparicio <frisco82 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I don't know what is the usual approval times but they are so slow
> > that I am not sending the latest version becouse I will be put back
> > the bottom of the queue.
> > Version 0.1b was rejected becouse of update URL (maybe took 2 days).
> > Version 0.0.2 was rejected becouse version 0.0.3 was already in the
> > queue (4 or 5 days).
> > Version 0.0.3 is still pending (maybe a week).
> > Version 0.0.4 sitting until 0.0.3 get approved.
> >
> > I just want to be in mozilla.org becouse its easier to update. So
> > there is  any script to make thing easier when updating extensions?
> > maybe update.rdf generator, version number changer within
> > install.rdf,
> > instal.js and the code.
> >
> > On 1/7/06, Roman Mironenko <roman_mir at hotmail.com> wrote:
> > > Guys, is anyone else experiencing extremely slow approval times for
> > updating
> > > their extensions at mozilla.org?  I have submitted updates for two
> > > extensions to that site at least 2 weeks ago, maybe more, they
> > still did not
> > > even look at them.  I am wondering if it is just me or is it like
> > that for
> > > everyone? :)
> > > thanks,
> > > Roman