[Project_owners] Get timestamp of a remote file?

massey massey at stlouis-shopper.com
Fri Jan 6 09:48:38 EST 2006

Dan Lee wrote:

> Does anyone know of a way to get the timestamp for a remote file?

For webdav you do a PROPFIND via nsIXMLHttpRequest and look at(parse)
the response xml for the getlastmodified node. Here's a code fragment:

xmlRequestInterface.open("PROPFIND", uri, false, "", "");
 xmlRequestInterface.setRequestHeader("Depth", tempDepth);
 xmlRequestInterface.setRequestHeader("Content-type", "text/xml");
 xmlRequestInterface.send("");
} catch (e) {
 alert ("Failed because : " + e);
}
var responseText = xmlRequestInterface.responseText;

Jim